Exciting steps are being taken in the Mahoning Valley to further strengthen the relationships between local growers and local restaurants.
The Lake2River Food Cooperative is getting off the ground, to be established at Youngstown's food business incubator on the north side.
This Thursday, May 19th at 6pm, there will be a culinary feast at the First Unitarian Universalist Church near Wick Park, with proceeds going to the start-up funding needs of the food cooperative.
Along with some beer and wine, the $35 ticket will present a menu prepared by local chefs, with all dishes incorporating local seasonal grown and foraged foods. (includes gluten-free and raw vegan options)
CHECK OUT THIS MENU >>>>
With the exception of the olives, dates and chocolate in the menu below, ALL of the food at the event will be produced/raised/foraged from within the City of Youngstown and surrounding counties.
You can taste on Thursday night:
- kimchi dumplings
- grilled local May asparagus
- watercress soup shooters with crème fraiche
- fresh spring rolls with ohio carrots and radishes
- bruschetta with mushrooms (Morel mushrooms foraged in Youngstown's Idora neighborhood, Oyster and Shiitake mushrooms grown near pittsburgh, and ramps/wild garlic foraged in Columbiana county)
- charcuterie of 5 varied meats: including duck, salami, copa, lomo ... all cured in pittsburgh
- ohio apples, pennsylvania blue cheese and cheddar
- Lucky Penny goat cheese
- Fresh chèvre with medjool dates
- Miller's Farm grass-fed sirloin skewers
- Tofu skewers
- Lamppost Farm's chicken, in indian-spiced lettuce wraps
- strawberry rhubarb squares
- chocolate farmed and produced in Madagascar
- jasmine tea with ice cubes embedded with foraged violets
Welcome to the food culture of Youngstown!
tickets can be rsvp'ed from 2 sources:
adamlee49 (at) gmail (dot) com
phone 330.744.2667 ext 17
Every Part of Us Has Parts
4 days ago