Looking at Shout Youngstown's site analytics, one of the main searches drawing people to the blog is the Google search:
"things to do in youngstown".
Our staff has compiled a preliminary list of about 60 places in Youngstown and the Mahoning Valley that are essential and vintage Ytown - the true unique gems of this community.
So we are unveiling "The Map"
"The Gems of Youngstown"
click here to see it.
The Map is intended for:
- those who seek the unique things in life
- those looking for the quintessential youngstown
- students in ytown for college
- out-of-town visitors exploring local flavor
The Map is kinda organized by color:
- red for food places (sometimes serving drinks)
- purple for drink places (sometimes serving food)
- yellow for neat cultural/entertainment options
- green for outdoors/nature stuff
- white for historical
- tan for interesting shops
The Map is not intended to be an exhaustive list of every place in the region.
It is a work in progress.
If you don't agree with the contents of The Map, go ahead and make your own.
But by all means, we will listen to your suggestions for future additions.
Make sure your suggestion is a good one though, as character and good food is what drives many of these places to the top of our rankings.
For example, Bw3's in Boardman near the s.p. mall will not make our staff's list because it (a) is not unique, (b) has expensive beer, (c) lacks local flavor.
We realize The Map is created though the lens which represents our tastes. While our tastes are not necessarily superior to anyone else's - they are inherently wonderful.
and with great humility, we give you . .
ISLE Folks See Bucs Pull Out A Victory
1 day ago