after one straight month of snow on the ground, it looks like we're getting a heatwave starting Friday . . .
What's also on Friday?
It's First Night Youngstown, the Mahoning Valley's new year eve celebration.
With events to run from 5pm all the way to the ball drop and fireworks at midnight, the entire schedule can be found HERE.
some events include:
- woodwind quartet and victorian holiday displays at MVHS
- lasers at the Planetarium
- Irish folk music at St. Columba Cathedral
- kids' art at SMARTS
- string concert at the stunning Trinity United Methodist Church
- open ice skating at the Covelli Centre
- horse carriage ride thru downtown
- karaoke at choffin
- classical acoustic guitar at the Masonic Temple
food discounts at:
- Cafe Cimmento
- Charlie Staples
- Pizza Joe's
- Touch the Moon Candy Saloon
a video from a recent ball drop downtown . . .
tickets are available ALL WEEK downtown at the ground floor of the City Center One building, 100 East Federal Street.
$5, kids and seniors
free, children under 12 yrs old
and this week only, if you go downtown and purchase an adult ticket, you get a free toy from a local toy company: