It's amazing to consider the history of many of the ethnic traditions in Youngstown.
Back in the 1930s, the Polish Arts Club held their first community tea event.
And on this Sunday, February (Luty) 20th, this storied organization will hold its 75th Annual Art, Music, and Scholarship Tea at the Butler Art Museum.
starting at 1pm, besides tea and dessert, the event will include:
- readings in English and Polish of the Nobel-winning poet Czesław Miłosz (CHES-wav MEE-wosh), on the celebration of his 100th birthday, read by Professor Phil Brady.
- mezzo/soprano operatic singing by Elsa Higby.
- watercolors on display by Maryanne Hoffman.
- art on display by local students on interpretations of Polish General and American Revolutionary War Leader, Thaddeus Kosciuszko (Kos-CHUSH-ko).
- thousands of dollars in scholarships will be awarded.
- Docent lead tours of the Butler Art Museum, before the Tea starts at 12pm [reservation needed]
more information on the 75th Annual Tea here.