it's exciting to see people following their dreams, especially entrepreneurial ones.
it's also exciting to witness additional investment in downtown youngstown, especially from the private sector.
a great example with a very cool name is the new place on the corner of Phelps and Federal - William Leonard's Extraordinary Gentlemen.
(check out the art deco carvings on the Peggy Ann building)
William Leonard's Extraordinary Gentlemen is an oasis of sorts - a concept catching hold in a few cities across america - as it is a premiere full-service salon and spa exclusively for men.
Proprietor Lisa Reali explained the concept while she was providing a tour of the renovated space:
- you need a haircut at a moderate price, walk right in;
- you need a massage during a stressful week, you make an appointment;
- you want to hang out and watch some sports with your buddies, game on;
- you need a manicure before that job interview, they'll help you out;
- you need some foot care away from all the ladies, this place is for you.
check out the place before the renovations:
with paintings by downtown resident James Pernotto
check out the original walls in the private pedicure room in the basement
and a video of the interior
lots of investment here!
looks like a place to definitely visit.
Monday thru Friday, 11am to 7pm
Saturday, 10am to 2pm
call for appointments:
for map, click here.
A Voice for the Voiceless?
15 hours ago