The urban landscape of downtown Youngstown changed a bit over the last week, as two YSU projects hit a milestone.
First, the communications tower just between Lincoln and Rayen Avenues received the final touches of its paint black and white paint makeover and *shazam*
the lights went on for the first time.
(photo [with back story] retrieved from YSU's Office of Marketing and Communications)
Second, earlier today the structural steel was topped off at the new $34 million building for the William College of Business.
You can see the design of the building here, and a construction cam of the site here.
here is a view looking up, as the building stretches from Rayen Avenue to Wood Avenue:
In the background of the photo above you can see the Youngstown YWCA, in the middle of its own $8.1 million historic renovation.
a bunch of other design and development news hit the papers this morning as well:
- moving in begins at Realty Towers, loan paid back to city
- HUD awards $10 million to YMHA, one of 36 green energy grants
- remodeled cafe at Butler to serve chicken francaise 7 days a week
- million-dollar upgrade to exterior of the PNC building on the way
- new pool to be installed near Wick Park
A Voice for the Voiceless?
15 hours ago