It's been a rough week, not much personal time to post, so boy am I looking forward to a pivo.
Luckily I can get some cold frosty ones "straight outta Poland" at the big festival this Sunday, August 30.
I'll just quickly repost some of the details of Polish Day 2009, courtesy of the good people at Polish Youngstown. A SY review of last year's event here.
- Polish-style polka mass with Fr. Joe Rudjak at 11:30am
- Polish food buffet with pierogies, haluski, potato pancakes and more!
Hosted by Sedem Roses of Slavic Village in the Cleve
- Polish Bakery & Deli with homemade paczki donuts, kielbasa, kieszka and more!
- Polish Beer
- Two big polka bands, Ethnic Jazz & Ray Jay & the Carousels
- Live broadcast of Happy Polkaland Radio Show
- Endless basket auction and hourly door prize giveaways
- Folk dance performance
- Polka lessons and demonstrations
- Marketplace vendors that includes Polish pottery, amber jewelry, wooden eggs, folk and iconic art.
- FREE workshops on Polish culture, genealogy, travel and much more!
- FREE children’s activities all afternoon!
11:30 AM - 8:00 PM
St. Anne’s Catholic Church
3055 South Raccoon Road
Youngstown, OH 44515
the new school fuses with the old skola at these events, so come on out...