Monday, August 28, 2006

drinking in nürnberg

The city of Nürnberg was a big suprise to me. Besides being the place where those crazy Nazis held their enormous rallies, today's Nuremberg [the name in English] is a combination of historical medieval walls and buildings mixed with modern design, home to the most outstanding collection of art in Germany, the birthplace of the pocketwatch, and home to the best pierogie I have ever eaten on this side of the Warsaw Pact states.

And it was a great place to have a drink.

You'll see what I mean when you see the design of their drinking fountains they have all over the place.



Just push the button at the base, and water flows out. A great combination of form and function. Here is my foot in action:


The fountains were also a source of amusement and debauchery when walking around town at 3:30 in the morning. They provided some must-needed ammunition to attack friends from England, Australia, and Scotland . . .


And Nürnberg was the city with the largest number of wig shops I have ever seen.


man, this place has everything.

1 comment:

Mike Prelee said...

I just wanted to let you know, these pictures of your trip are great.