Thursday, May 14, 2009

business-journal melds video and print media with new feature

The local Business-Journal concentrates its efforts on the five-county region of Mahoning, Trumbull and Columbiana in Ohio, plus Mercer and Lawrence counties in Pennsylvania.

And they are re-introducing a familiar face to the Valley to blend both video and print content. Their first video was released today:



In her first Media Scope column, Stacia Erdos writes:
"And I respond, with what’s become my standard answer, “I live here in the Mahoning Valley.

Actually, I never left.”

Yep, for 10 years, I commuted an hour each way to Pittsburgh working as the weekend anchor at WPXI and Fox and reporting nights. I covered everything from the attacks on Sept. 11 to the Steelers in Super Bowl XL. As anyone who’s worked those kind of hours knows, it turns your life upside down, especially if you have young children.

I always loved reporting on the issues, but with broadcast news moving fast and furiously on a track I wasn’t sure was right for me, I decided it was time to refocus my energies on my family and back on the Valley."
This comment led me to think on how intertwined the Youngstown and Pittsburgh labor markets are.

Read more thoughts on this topic on the new Greater Youngstown 2.0 blog here. (make sure to join the RSS feed of this one)

I've said before I read every issue of the Business-Journal from cover to cover because the quality of the news it brings. Looks like they are offering a free trial subscription here.

cool.

No comments: